Thank you for your interest in one of our rental properties. The information provided is a summary of the qualifications we look at for each applicant.
We are processing applications as fast as we are able. Please reach us via your Application Portal only and we will respond in the order they are received. Excessive communication outside of the portal (call/text/email) may lead to a decline.
Applications are processed as they are received. Once the application has been completed and application fee has been paid the application fee is non-refundable. Decisions are made once applicants have completed all outstanding items needed for the application.
- Each person 18 years of age or older that will be living in the unit must submit an application and pay the application fee. The application must come from their individual email.
- Applicants CANNOT use the same email address or someone else’s email for the application.
- Each applicant must have either a Social Security number or an ITIN number
- No more than 2 occupants per bedroom
- No smoking of any kind is allowed in, on, or around any of our properties including balconies, garages, and common areas.
- Any evidence that an applicant has provided false information on the application will result in an automatic denial.
- Rude, disruptive, threatening, or harassing behavior towards Market Edge Realty staff, clients, residents, or vendors will disqualify application.
- We strive to approve or deny all applications within 72 business hours, but we cannot guarantee that the process will not be delayed due to delays in receiving information from 3rd parties. Excessive inquiries regarding status of application may lead to a decline.
- Those currently going through a divorce from marriage may lead to a decline.
- All decisions are final.
Do you have verifiable rental history?
- At least one-year verifiable contractual rental history from a third-party landlord, or proof of home ownership. Lack of verifiable rental history will require an elevated deposit.
- Current occupancy in a hotel is subject to decline.
- If rental assistance has been received or an application has been placed in the last two years from a government entity, nonprofit, friend, or family will lead to a decline.
- All rental verification will be done via email. Applicants will need to provide email addresses for Landlords.
- Roommates, family, or friends do not count as verifiable history.
- If you were not on the lease the verification will not count and may lead to a decline.
- Two or more late rent or mortgage payments within any 12-month period, rental history reflecting past due and unpaid rent, collections involving past rentals, or rental references demonstrating lease violations are grounds for decline.
- Eviction filing or judgement within the last 10 years is a decline.
Is your take home pay (Net Pay) 3x or more than the listed monthly rent?
- We require one month (30 days) of pay stubs to verify income.
- Tax Credit income will not be used to verify the income requirement.
- Out of area income is not accepted without a signed letter from the employer stating the applicant is working remotely.
- If you are transferring from another area with your current company or starting a new job we can consider an offer letter. This letter must show a start date within 30 days of application, provide pay information, and be signed by the person who is offering the job. It must also have their contact information.
- If you are self-employed, we require 3 months of complete bank statements or professionally prepared tax returns for the previous year. We will also need a YTD profit and loss from your tax professional.
- A guarantor or payment of full lease term up front may be considered for some properties.
- If your guarantor has lease obligations elsewhere, this will NOT affect your application.
- If you are obtaining loan to pay the move-in funds this will lead to a decline
- Monthly debt obligations will reduce your take home pay on proof of income. (Including but not limited to; Monthly Car Payments/ Credit Card Payments/ etc.)
- Proof of earnings from social security, child support, alimony or spousal support must be documented. Unverifiable income will NOT be considered.
- Unemployment is NOT considered verifiable income.
- Some of our properties consider Section 8. We require the searching papers be submitted with application in a single PDF document. The City of voucher must match the City of property at application and number of bedrooms. We do not hold the property for the voucher to be transferred.
Is your credit good?
- Our credit reporting company provides us with a “FICO” score for renters. The better your score the better your chances.
- Bankruptcies must be discharged.
- Negative payment history on your credit report may lead to decline
- Unpaid Child Support will result in a decline.
- Speedy Cash, Quick Cash Loans, Small Personal Loans may lead to a decline.
- High debts, collections and liens will have an impact and may be grounds for decline.
- Unpaid utilities on record may lead to a decline.
- Decisions are made on the report information we receive. Payment of derogatory accounts after we have rendered a decision will not change the decision.
Pets and Animals
- We base our Non-Refundable Pet Fee and Monthly Pet Rent off the Paw Score your animal receives from our third party service.
- Please visit our Pet and Animal Requirements at — https://www.rentarizona.info/pet-criteria/
We will consider a Guarantor. They must meet all qualifications and plus if they are married, both spouses must complete applications and be approved to guarantee the lease.
If Application is Approved
We require move-in funds and a signed lease within 24 hours of approval notification. Payment will be made online and lease will be signed virtually. After that has been completed, upon your move in date we will schedule an appointment in our office to discuss all terms within the lease and any questions you might have. Move in must be within 14 days of approval.
Move In funds Include:
- Refundable Security Deposit.
- First full month’s rent/ prorated month’s rent
- Non-Refundable Administrative Fee.
- Refundable Cleaning Deposit.
- Applicable Pet Fee.
Not only must Applicants have acceptable credit history, additionally, all Applicants must meet our Criminal History Criteria.
- Applicants that are registered sex offenders will be denied.
- Applicants must have no felony convictions less than 10 years old that involve violent crimes against persons or property, including but not limited to murder, arson, kidnapping, assault, bomb related offenses, robbery or burglary, terrorism OR that involve the manufacturing or distribution of drugs in any manner.
- All other felony convictions must be more than 5 years old.
- Conviction of any drug related offenses involving possession only, or alcohol related offenses where no one was permanently injured or killed, must be at least 2 years old.
- Successful completion of any felony sentence at least 2 years ago and no new criminal activity for at least 2 years before this application is also required.
- No Applicant with any outstanding warrants or crime that is awaiting trial will be accepted.
If the Applicant would like management to review additional information regarding the felony conviction or the current arrest or warrant as part of their rental application, the Applicant is permitted to submit that information to management along with their application and Management will review that information on a case by case basis.
Failure to disclose criminal history on application will be a decline.