Thank you for your interest in one of our rental properties. The information provided is a summary of the qualifications we look at for each applicant.
We are processing applications as fast as we are able. Once we have a complete file the process can take 1-2 business days. Please reach us via your email only and we will respond in the order they are received. Excessive communication outside of the email may lead to a decline.
Applications are processed as they are received. Once the application has been completed and the application fee has been paid the application fee is non-refundable.
Decisions are made once applicants have completed all outstanding items needed for the application. We require every applicant to view their desired address in person and every applicant will be required to complete the Application Packet via DocuSign.
- Each person 18 years of age or older, that will be living in the home must submit an application and pay the application fee.
- Applicants cannot use the same email address or someone else’s email for the application.
- Each applicant must have either a Social Security number or an ITIN number
- No more than 2 occupants per bedroom
- No smoking of any kind is allowed in, on, or around any of our properties including balconies, garages, and common areas.
- Any evidence that an applicant has provided false information on the application will result in an automatic denial.
- Rude, disruptive, threatening, or harassing behavior towards Market Edge Realty staff, clients, residents, or vendors will disqualify the application.
- We strive to approve or deny all applications within 72 business hours, but we cannot guarantee that the process will not be delayed due to delays in receiving information from 3rd parties.
- Excessive inquiries regarding the status of the application may lead to a decline.
- All decisions are final.
Do you have verifiable rental history?
- At least one year of verifiable contractual rental history from a third-party landlord, or proof of homeownership.
- Current occupancy in a hotel may lead to a decline.
- If rental assistance has been received or an application has been placed in the last 2.5 years from a government entity, nonprofit, friend, or family will lead to a decline.
- All rental verification will be done via email. Applicants will need to provide email addresses for Landlords.
- Roommates, family, or friends do not count as verifiable history.
- If you were not on the lease the verification will not count and may lead to a decline.
- Two or more late rent or mortgage payments within any 12-month period, rental history reflecting past due and unpaid rent, collections involving past rentals, or rental references demonstrating lease violations are grounds for a decline.
- Eviction filing or judgment within the last 10 years is a decline.
Is your take home pay (Net Pay) 3x or more than the listed monthly rent?
- We require one month (30 days) of pay stubs to verify income.
- Tax Credit income will not be used to verify the income requirement.
- Student financial aid is not considered income and may lead to a decline.
- Out of area income is not accepted without a signed letter from the employer stating the applicant is working remotely.
- If you are transferring from another area with your current company or starting a new job we can consider an offer letter. This letter must show a start date within 30 days of application, provide pay information, and be signed by the person who is offering the job. It must also have their contact information.
- If you are self-employed, we require 3 months of complete bank statements or professionally prepared tax returns for the previous year. We will also need a YTD profit and loss from your tax professional.
- A guarantor or payment of full lease term upfront may be considered for some properties.
- If your guarantor has lease obligations elsewhere, this will NOT affect your application.
- If you are obtaining a loan to pay the move-in funds this will lead to a decline.
- Monthly debt obligations will reduce your take-home pay on proof of income. (Including but not limited to; Monthly Car Payments/ Credit Card Payments/ etc.)
- Proof of earnings from social security, child support, alimony or spousal support must be documented. Unverifiable income will NOT be considered.
- Unemployment is NOT considered verifiable income.
Is your credit good?
- Our credit reporting company provides us with a “FICO” score for renters. The better your score the better your chances.
- Bankruptcies must be discharged.
- Negative payment history on your credit report may lead to a decline
- Unpaid Child Support will lead to a decline.
- Speedy Cash, Quick Cash Loans, and Small Personal Loans may lead to a decline.
- High debts, collections, and liens will have an impact and may be grounds for a decline.
- Unpaid utilities on record may lead to a decline.
- Decisions are made on the report information we receive. Payment of derogatory accounts after we have rendered a decision will not change the decision.
Pets and Animals
- We base our Non-Refundable Pet Fee and Monthly Pet Rent off the Paw Score your animal receives from our third-party service.
- Please visit our Pet and Animal Requirements at — https://www.rentarizona.info/pet-criteria/
- Requesting the removal of pets/animals after an application is already in progress will lead to a decline.
- Requesting the removal of pets/animals after an application is already in progress due to the death of pet/animal will require documentation.
We will consider a Guarantor. They must meet all qualifications and plus if they are married, both spouses must complete applications and be approved to guarantee the lease.
If Application is Approved
We require every applicant to view the property they desire in person. If you have not viewed the property your application will automatically be placed on hold until reach back out to us confirming you have viewed the property.
We require move-in funds and a signed lease within 24 hours of approval notification. If full move-in funds are not available your application will automatically be placed on hold until you reach back out to us confirming you have full move-in funds. We cannot guarantee the home will still be available.
Payment will be made online and the lease will be signed virtually. After that has been completed, we require all new tenants to set up a move-in appointment at our office to discuss all terms within the lease and any questions you might have. Move-In Appointment must be scheduled on or before the scheduled move-in date listed on the Executed Lease Agreement.
If the property is ready for an immediate move-in we will require move-in to be within 48 hours upon approval.
If the property is ready for move-in on a future date we will require move-in for the date listed on the website.
Move In funds Include:
- Refundable Security Deposit.
- Non-Refundable Administrative Fee.
- Refundable Cleaning Deposit.
- Non-Refundable Pet Fee (if applicable)
- First full month’s rent OR prorated month’s rent (if applicable)
- Rental Sales Tax full or prorated (if applicable)
Not only must Applicants have acceptable credit history, additionally, all Applicants must meet our Criminal History Criteria.
- Applicants that are registered sex offenders will be denied.
- Applicants must have no felony convictions less than 10 years old that involve violent crimes against persons or property, including but not limited to murder, arson, kidnapping, assault, bomb-related offenses, robbery or burglary, terrorism, OR that involve the manufacturing or distribution of drugs in any manner.
- All other felony convictions must be more than 5 years old.
- Conviction of any drug-related offenses involving possession only, or alcohol-related offenses where no one was permanently injured or killed, must be at least 2 years old.
- Successful completion of any felony sentence at least 2 years ago and no new criminal activity for at least 2 years before this application is also required.
- No Applicant with any outstanding warrants or crime that is awaiting trial will be accepted.
If the Applicant would like management to review additional information regarding the felony conviction or the current arrest or warrant as part of their rental application, the Applicant is permitted to submit that information to management along with their application and Management will review that information on a case by case basis.
Failure to disclose criminal history on application will be a decline.